Resources › Choosing the Right Tent
Tent Size Tool
If you are unsure of what size tent you need to rent for your event, use our fun calculator tool to get an estimate now.
The short form will give you an idea of the size of tent you need.
Then browse our rental inventory to find photos and prices.
› Try our Tent Size Tool
Also take a look at our CAD layouts.
We can create a 3-D layout for your event to give you peace of mind knowing that everyone and everything will fit comfortably.
Some Things to Consider
Choosing the right tent or canopy for your special event is critical to the comfort of your guests and the smooth flow of traffic throughout the event site. You will need to consider ...
- On what kind of surface will the tent be placed? Grass, concrete, asphalt, wood deck?
- How much space do you have? Dimensions of tent site?
- How many people do you wish to accommodate and in what configuration? All seated at tables, partial seating, cocktail party setting?
- What other items would you like to have under the tent? Buffet, bar, cake table, dance floor, stage, etc.?
- What time of day will your event take place? Will you need lights and/or heat?
- Is there a power source at the site? What are your power requirements?
- Do you wish to enclose any portion of the tent?
- Will you need accessory tents for caterer's prep station, beverage service station, or to feature a focal point such as an ice sculpture or wedding cake?
With four styles of tenting available, getting you in the product
that's right for your event is the first step. Having this information
available when it's time to reserve your tent will ensure the best possible
coverage for your special event.
Some typical tent sizes include:
- A 20' x 40' tent could accommodate 100 seated theater style (rows of chairs with an aisle up the middle) or 64 seated at round tables of 8.
- A 30' x 60' tent could accommodate 225 seated theater style, 144 seated at round tables of 8, or 180 seated cafeteria style (rows of 8' banquet tables).
- A 40' x 60' tent could accommodate 120 seated at round tables of 8 with a buffet, bar, cake table and dance floor.
All of the equipment and accessories you need to create a distinct and
individual mood are available right here. You can count on us to provide
personalized service from consultations and site surveys to
professional and friendly installation and removal. Please call for
your free personal consultation.